"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
- Mark Twain
You don't have to navigate this alone
If you are living with, parent to, or married to an adult with an eating disorder, the chances are that you already know that mealtimes can be hard!
Being a meal support coach is a skill, and it might not be one that you ever thought you would have to master. Truth is, if you know someone with an eating disorder, the biggest support you can be to them is to help them eat.
AEDRA Caregiver Coaching
- Learn how to encourage eating in a way that maximises compliance.
- Learn how to manage emotions before, during and after meals.
- Learn the dynamics of eating disorder recovery and what to expect along the way.
- Understand the thoughts, feelings, and physical reactions that the person suffering from the eating disorder is experiencing — and learn how you can support them through these times.
- Learn about the ways in which the eating disorder will try and sabotage even the most determined-to-recover sufferer and how you can help.
- Help the sufferer develop healthy coping skills.
- Develop effective communication skills between you and the sufferer.
- Manage daily, weekly, and monthly eating schedules.
- Effective meal preparation
- How to make recovery sustainable for the long term in a way that least disrupts family life.